These satisfying high-fiber bites make a great snack or quick breakfast. You can freeze a couple bites in a snack-size plastic bag for a grab and go breakfast too!
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- ½ cup peanut butter (heated in microwave for 30 seconds)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. Splenda Brown Sugar blend
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick cooking) (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together peanut butter, banana, egg, vanilla and Splenda Brown Sugar blend.
- In a small bowl mix together oats, baking soda and salt. Add milled flax-seed.
- Add oat mixture to peanut butter mixture and mix well.
- Scoop batter into 1 Tbsp. balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Amount per serving: (2 bites) Calories 75, Total Fat 4g, Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 130mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 2g, Protein 3g, Potassium 90mg, Phosphorus 60mg.