During the cold season, seasonal affective disorder is on the rise and so is the craving for sugary foods. So what can we do about that sweet tooth? Check out these satisfying high-fiber bites make a great snack or quick breakfast and will elevate your mood. You can freeze a couple bites in a snack-size plastic bag for a grab and go breakfast too!
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- ½ cup peanut butter (heated in microwave for 30 seconds)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. Splenda Brown Sugar blend
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick cooking) (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together peanut butter, banana, egg, vanilla and Splenda Brown Sugar blend.
- In a small bowl mix together oats, baking soda and salt. Add milled flaxseed.
- Add oat mixture to peanut butter mixture and mix well.
- Scoop batter into 1 Tbsp. balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Amount per serving: (2 bites) Calories 75, Total Fat 4g, Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 130mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 2g, Protein 3g, Potassium 90mg, Phosphorus 60mg.